We’re currently planning Transatlantic Literary Women: Season 2! All updates will be posted here, and on @atlantlitwomen.
Feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or @atlantlitwomen if you have any question about these events. Don’t forget: our events are free and open to all!
Upcoming Events: Series 2
Women and Hollywood: Film Screening
- April 2018, 17.15 – 20.00. Gilchrist PG Club Seminar Room, University of Glasgow
- Film TBC
- Plus discussion and refreshments
- May 26-27th 2018, 1-4pm
- People’s Palace Museum, Glasgow
- Free – All Welcome to Attend
- Talks on transatlantic suffrage with a Scottish twist
- Talks on the museum suffrage collections
- Arts & crafts: design your own suffrage sash or rosette
- Readings of poetry and letters written by suffragettes
- More information to follow…
Past Events: Series 2
- Series 2 Launch – Spanglish as Resistance: Undoing Transatlantic Colonialism
- With Dr Eilidh Hall.
- Tuesday 19th September, 17.15 – 19.00. Rooms 202 – 203, 4 University Gardens, Glasgow.
- Plus: Drinks, snacks, & FREE copies of Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar.
- Edith Wharton Workshop
- Book Club – Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar
- Tuesday 17th of October, 17.15 – 19.00. The Gilchrist Postgraduate Club Seminar Room, Gilbert Scott Building, University Avenue.
- Plus: drinks & snacks.
- Transatlantic Style: The Ocean Liner and the “International Set”
- With Professor Faye Hammill (University of Glasgow)
- Tuesday 14th November, 17.15 – 19.00. Rooms 202 and 203, 4 University Gardens.
- Tuesday 16th January 2018, 17.15 – 19.00. Gilchrist PG Club Seminar Room, University of Glasgow
- Plus: Refreshments
- With Gaby Fletcher (National University of Ireland, Galway)
- Wednesday 21st February 2018, 17.15 – 19.00. Rooms 202-203, 4 University Gardens, Glasgow
- Plus Refreshments
- Wednesday 28th February 2018, 19.00 – 20.00, on Twitter.
- The hashtag is #ForgottenTLW